Dr. Luciano Colazzo is a researcher at the IBS Center for Quantum Nanoscience, engaged in the field of nanotechnology and quantum chemistry. He was awarded an independent research grant, the IBS Young Scientist Fellowship and as of late 2021, he is the lead researcher for the “On-Surface Quantum Chemistry” project. His research focuses on the on-surface synthesis of molecular qubit arrays, by enforcing a multidisciplinary approach that encompasses quantum mechanics, molecular chemistry, and surface sciences.
"We are gaining the knowledge; science is giving us that.
Now we need wisdom as well."
Now we need wisdom as well."
- Isaac Asimov, A short history of Chemistry (1979)
- 2014 - 2017
- PhD in Molecular Sciences (Chemistry), Graduate School of Molecular Sciences, University of Padova - Italy
- 2010 - 2013
- MS in Chemistry, University of Padova - Italy
- 2007 - 2010
- BS in Chemistry, University of Padova - Italy
- 2018 - Current
- Research Professor at Center for Quantum Nanoscience(QNS), Institute for Basic Science(IBS), Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Korea
- IBS Young Scientist Fellowship
- 2017 - 2018
- Donostia International Physics Center (DIPC) - Spain, Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Nanoscience Cooperative Research Center (CIC nanoGUNE) - Spain, Guest Researcher
- 2013 - 2017
- Institute of Condensed Matter ICMATE (CNR) and University of Padova - Italy, Graduate Scholarship
- Mohammed SGM et al., "Electronic decoupling of polyacenes from the underlying metal substrate by sp3 carbon atoms" Commun. Phys. 3, 159 (2020)
- Colazzo L. et al., "On-surface Photochemistry of Pre-ordered 1-methyl-2-phenyl-acetylenes: C-H Bond Activation and Intermolecular Coupling on Highly Oriented Pyrolytic Graphite", ChemPhysChem, 20, 2317 (2019)
- Colazzo L. et al., "Controlling the Stereospecific Bonding Motif of Au–thiolate Links", Nanoscale, 11 (33), 15567 (2019).
- Colazzo L. et al., "On-surface Synthesis of Heptacene on Ag(001) From Brominated and Non-brominated Tetrahydroheptacene Precursors", Chem. Comm. 54 (73), 10260 (2018)
- Colazzo L. et al., "Metal-free On-surface Photochemical Homocoupling of Terminal Alkynes" J. Am. Chem. Soc. 138 (32), 10151 (2016)
S. Reale, A. Singha, S. L. Ahmed, D. Krylov, L. Colazzo, C. Wolf, C. S. Casari, A. Barla, E. Fernandes, F. Patthey, M. Pivetta, S. Rusponi, H. Brune, and F. Donati (2023)
Aparajita Singha, Daria Sostina, Christoph Wolf, Safa L. Ahmed, Denis Krylov, Luciano Colazzo, Pierluigi Gargiani, Stefano Agrestini, Woo-Suk Noh, Jae-Hoon Park, Marina Pivetta, Stefano Rusponi, Harald Brune, Andreas J. Heinrich, Alessandro Barla, and Fabio Donati (2021)
Electronic structures and optical characteristics of fluorescent pyrazinoquinoxaline assemblies and Au interfaces
Soyeong Kwon, Dong Yeun Jeong, Weon-Sik Chae, Kyungju Noh, P. Devi, Luciano Colazzo, Youngmin You, Taeyoung Choi & Dong-Wook Kim (2021)
Mohammed S. G. Mohammed, Luciano Colazzo, Roberto Robles, Ruth Dorel, Antonio M. Echavarren, Nicolás Lorente and Dimas G. de Oteyza, Communications Physics (2020)
Mohammed S. G. Mohammed, Luciano Colazzo, Aurelio Gallardo, Jose´ A. Pomposo, Pavel Jelınek and Dimas G. de Oteyza, Chemical Communications (2020)
Néstor Merino-Díez, Mohammed S. G. Mohammed, Jesús Castro-Esteban, Luciano Colazzo, Alejandro Berdonces-Layunta, James Lawrence, J. Ignacio Pascual, Dimas G. de Oteyza and Diego Peña, Chemical Science (2020)
Luciano Colazzo, Mohammed S. G. Mohammed, Aurelio Gallardo, Zakaria M. Abd El-Fattah, José A. Pomposo, Pavel Jelínek, and Dimas G. de Oteyza (2019)
On-surface Photochemistry of Pre-ordered 1-Methyl-2-phenyl-acetylenes: C-H Bond Activation and Intermolecular Coupling on Highly Oriented Pyrolytic Graphite