Career in QNS

We are always on the lookout for talented students, post docs and accomplished senior scientists to join our team at QNS!

If you are one of them, please, write us:

Open Positions

The ESR-STM lab at QNS seeks for a post-doctoral candidate. Main research projects are to reveal spin structures of molecules and nanostructures with sub-nm resolution using recently developed ESR-STM technique and to coherently control individual spins on surfaces to utilize the quantum coherent phase for quantum sensing.

Read More →


The Center for Quantum Nanoscience, an extramural research center of IBS (Institute for Basic Science), located in Ewha Womans University is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic administrator. We recruit administrative office workers who are responsive, meticulous and team players to work under an international working environment.

Read More →


Student Opportunities at QNS

Ewha Womans University Opportunities at QNS

Ewha Undergraduate Internship

Available to all full-time Ewha Students studying in a related field. This is a good opportunity to get hands-on experience in the lab and learn from our Postdocs, PIs, and Graduate students.

Apply via Ewha’s “Physics Department
Become a QNS Graduate Student

Available to all Ewha Students.
Ewha Womans University and QNS offer a graduate student placement. If you are an Ewha graduate student who is interested in doing your research in the field of “Quantum Nanoscience” you are welcome to apply!

Apply via Ewha’s "Office of Admissions"
International Summer School Internship Program

Available to International Students through the Ewha Summer School program who are studying outside of Korea.
This summer school program allows you to take classes related to Quantum Nanoscience that are taught by experts at QNS. Some students who enroll in the summer school have an opportunity to apply for the QNS Internship program, where you can receive experience working in our labs.

Apply via Ewha “Office of International Affairs"
High School Student Program "High Ewha, Hi Ewha"

Available to Korean High School Students.
A one-day domestic summer program for Korean high school students.

Apply via Ewha "Office of Admissions"

Non-Ewha Student Opportunities at QNS

International Student Research Stay
This opportunity is provided by QNS for International students to come to QNS for a research stay. Requires advisor’s approval.

Apply via email |
Domestic PhD Korean University Research Stay

This opportunity is provided to graduate students in Korea to QNS as a researcher. Requires advisor’s approval.

Apply via email |

Life In Korea

Korea and Seoul in particular, are exciting, dynamic places where we thrive while working at QNS. Food, affordability, nature, safety, healthcare, and convenience are just some of the reasons we enjoy living in this fantastic city!

Also recently Seoul was selected as one of the 10 best places in the world for students!

Don’t take our word for it, read more here:

Read More



Can I live in Korea without speaking Korean?
We encourage all foreign QNS members to learn the language of our Center’s home country by offering on-site Korean language classes in a fun and relaxing environment. It is rather easy to live in Seoul without speaking or reading Korean. There are English language apps for hailing taxis, ordering food delivery, and navigating the best routes on the metro.
What is the working environment like at QNS?
QNS is managed as an international research center. The working language is English. We provide English language classes for non-native speakers. Our culture supports great people, lets the researchers focus on performing outstanding research, and having fun.
What is the tax rate?
Foreigners pay a 20% tax rate or less for the first 5 years working in Korea. Enrollment in the national healthcare system and pension contributions are included in this amount.
What is Korean national healthcare like?
In a word, outstanding! Korea has one of the best healthcare systems in the world. Enrollment in the healthcare system is included in your work visa and is covered by the taxes from your salary. If you want even more coverage, private additional plans are available for purchase.
How will I get value from pension contributions?
If you chose to move away from Korea before your pension vests, you can easily have your pension contributions paid out in full when you leave Korea for your next adventure.