Sangwon has a lot of experience with Low Temperature Superconducting(LTS) magnets and High Temperature Superconducting(HTS) magnets. For LTS magnets, a superconducting magnet with a room temperature bore of 1.4 m was developed. In 2016, the world's first high-temperature superconducting wire was used to generate a magnetic field of 26.4 Tesla. Sangwon started at the Center for Quantum Nanoscience (QNS) of the Institute for Basic Science (IBS) in April 2017 where he will study cryogenic systems using He3, etc. in QNS.
- M.S., the Catholic Univ. of Korea. Major: Department of Physics
- B.S., the Catholic Univ. of Korea. Major: Department of Physics
- 2017 - Current
- Researcher at Center for Quantum Nanoscience, Institute for Basic Science, EWHA Woman’s University, Seoul, South Korea
- 2008 - 2017
- Chief researcher, Magnet & Coil group, SuNAM Co., Ltd.
- 2003 - 2008
- Senior researcher, Superconducting Magnet Div., DUKSUNG Co., Ltd.
- Yoon, S.; Kim, J.; Lee, H.; Hahn, S. and Moon, S. “26 T 35 mm “all-GdBa2Cu3O7–x multi-width no-insulation superconducting magnet”. Superconductor Science and Technology, 29, 04LT04.
- Kim, K.L.; Yoon, S.; Cheon, K.; Kim, J.; Lee, H.; Lee, S.; Kim, D.L. and Hahn, “400-MHz/60-mm All-REBCO Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Magnet: Magnet Design”. IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 26, 4302604
- Kim, J.; Yoon, S.; Cheon, K.; Shin, K.H.; Hahn, S.; Kim, D.L.; Lee, S.G. and Moon, S.H. “Effect of Resistive Metal Cladding of HTS Tape on the Characteristic of No-Insulation Coil”. IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 26, 4601906.
- A-Rong Kim; Zhong-Soo Lim; Taewon Kim; Kiwook Yun; Sangwon Yoon; Minwon Park; In-Keun Yu. “Development of Critical Current Measurement System of HTS Tape Using Pulsed Current.” IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 26.4
- C. B. Park; C. Y. Lee; S. Yoon; S. Kim, “Development of a Small-Scale Superconducting LSM using Gd-Ba-Cu-O High-Temperature Superconducting Wire”. IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, vol.PP, no.99